The Jeffie Foundation awards grants to young riders who share Jeffie’s passion and values, as well as having demonstrated financial need.
The Jeffie Foundation
- The Jeffie Foundation is a charity founded to honor Jennifer “Jeffie” Wilkins Chapin who died in August 2019 during xc warm ups at GMHA.
- Jeffie had a deep passion for horses and riding and valued hard work, empathy, sportsmanship and the pursuit of excellence.
- She found a match for her passion and values in the sport of Eventing.
- Grants will be awarded to young riders with demonstrated financial need to help them achieve their goals.
Grants for Riders
We are currently accepting requests for grants. To apply for a grant, please complete the Application Form.
Meet Our Jeffie Riders
We are excited to introduce to you our grant recipients, each of whom embody the values that Jeffie lived by: hard work; empathy; sportsmanship in the pursuit of excellence; and her dream to live surrounded by horses.
Claire is 19 years old. She has been riding with Apple Tree Farm for the last 7 years. Claire is currently competing at Novice Level with her horse, Jupiter. She has been a Grantee since 2020.
I am so very lucky to have the support of the Jeffie Foundation to continue to do what I love.
Hannah is 18 years old. She has been riding with Apple Tree Farm since she was 6 years old. Hannah is currently riding at Novice level with her horse, Summer. She has been a Grantee since 2020.
A simple but heartfelt “Thank you so much for helping me with this opportunity.”
Madison is 20 years old. She started riding at Pendragon Farm when she was 6 years old. Madison is currently riding at the 2* level with her Irish Sport horse, Mac. She has been a Grantee since 2023.
The Jeffie Foundation grant has allowed me to gain education and achieve my competition goals with Mac.
Meaghan is 15 years old. “Mae Mae” started riding with the pony club in Massachusetts at age 7. She is Currently competing with her mare, Missy, at training level. Meaghan is our newest grantee since May 2023.
The Jeffie Foundation’s support is very special to me because my sister grew up riding with Jeffie and I knew Jeffie.
Jeffie Foundation Events
The Jeffie Trophy & Ribbons
Annually, on Labor Day Weekend, we award the Jeffie Trophy and Ribbons at the Myopia Horse Show in Hamilton, Massachusetts to the winner of the Short Stirrup Equitation Classic.
Lia McCarthy was the 2023 winner.
Isabella Mahler was the 2022 winner.
Divya Hlavac, pictured above, was our fist winner in 2021.
Pictured above is the Jeffie Trophy and the Blue Ribbon Horse.
The Jeffie Ribbons are awarded to the top finishers of the Short Stirrup Equitation Classic.
Annual Birthday Grant Award
We support an annual Birthday Grant Award to a young rider at Seery Hill in Andover, New Hampshire where Jeffie’s love of riding began.
Lulu Carney, pictured above, was the 2023 recipient.
Ani McIntyre was the 2022 recipient.
Victoria Koron was our fist Birthday Grant Award recipient in 2021.
- Online Donation: Complete the form below to make your donation online with any credit card or PayPal account
- Venmo Donation: @Jeffie-Foundation
- By Check: The Jeffie Foundation, 45 Leonard Street, Gloucester, MA 01930
- The Jeffie Foundation is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization.
- All contributions are tax-deductible to the extend allowed by law.
- Federal Tax ID No. 84-2737936.
Online Donation Form
To contact The Jeffie Foundation, submit the contact form below, or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org